Thursday, January 10, 2008

What the Heck!? Taiwan is Awesome!

I went to Taipei 101 for my birthday on January 1st. I got ice cream and saw the big ball in the middle of the building. The ball keeps the building from falling down. It's hanging by giant ropes. I ate a steak at Chilis and kept falling asleep and Dad had to keep waking me up to eat. That's the crazy life I have now.

I live in an apartment that has a ball pool, playground, air hockey table, movie theater, and lots of karaoke. My favorite thing about our apartment is either the movie theater (where we can watch our own dvds) or the air hockey.

I've eaten lots of weird food. My favorite food so far is called shui jiao. It's like pot stickers, only boiled, not fried. Right now I see my mom's feet. My dad eats all kinds of disgusting foods here. The grossest food I have eaten is a fried egg sitting underneath a really thin steak, all on top of fried noodles. And I got a dart gun at the Shilin night market as a prize for one of the games I played.

The hardest thing about living here is that there is only one bathroom in our apartment.

The best thing about living here is that it's dangerous. There are lots of scary cars on the road when we walk down the street. There are so many foods that look disgusting to me. I believe that will be all for today.

8 comments:

Dave said...

H,

Glad to see you are surviving. Little C will be excited to read your update. Have fun and let us know how school is in Taiwan. We will send you some pictures of C's RC truck. You might think about one to replace the four wheeler. DMP

Melissa said...

Taiwan sounds awesome to me. What the heck is a ball pool? Happy belated Birthday!

Melissa

Carly said...

Glad to hear from you all. Right now I am playing in the pool full of balls with my little sister Hazel and somebody I don't know.
Love
Holden

georgia said...

Holden dear,
What the Heck??! You are dangerous wherever you go. Climbing to the top of a building being held up by a ball??? what's that all about. You know you'll have to tear the roof off and rebuild it, don't you? Or is that the playset. I can't keep all of your deconstruction and construction projects straight.

I'm glad you and my HaHa are having tons of fun. I just wonder what you'll be bringing me back as a terrific, gigantic, incredible present. Have you decided yet?

love and miss you all--love granny g

包志伟 said...

Holden replies,

Grandma G, maybe I'll bring you a nice hat or something.

georgia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
georgia said...

A Hat?
An empty hat or a hat filled with surprises and candy and coconuts and tree frogs?

A hat might be nice.

Anonymous said...

heyy!!!! TAIWAN IS AWESOEM!!! SO IS TAIPEI 101